To my Brothers and Sisters,
I am the now your Senior Regent. My name is Peggy Ussery. I have been a Pacifica
Women of the Moose since 2011 and have lived in Pacifica since 1975. I am retired but
do still occasionally work part-time for the City of Pacifica Child Care Division.
I have chosen a theme and goal for my term of office. It is a theme I have used throughout my professional life and one that also fits our Moose philosophy:
Tell us, we forget.
Show us, we remember.
Involve us, we understand.
Involvement! I want our members to be more involved in the chapter! The first step is to attend a chapter meeting. Our next meeting is May 19th at 7 PM. I hope to see a lot of fresh faces. To entice your attendance there will be a drawing for prizes for mem- bers attending.
There are many ways to become involved in our chapter. We need volunteers for many projects and activities. How can you help? Here are suggestions:
- Attend the chapter meetings on the third Tuesday of each month
- Donate baked goods for Thursday or Friday night dinners
- Help in the kitchen on dinner nights
- Join the Car Show fundraiser committee
- Be a volunteer bartender
- Schedule to help vacuum or clean an area
- Work in fireworks booth if the Moose is selected to participate
- Yardwork around the lodge and parking lot
I am excited to be Senior regent and am looking forward to seeing many new or returning members at the May 19th chapter meeting.
In Faith, Hope and Charity